Job Title : Site Installer
Reports to: Millwork Manager / Construction Manager
Oxbow Design Build Cooperative is a worker-owned company that offers architectural design, construction services, and millwork for residential and commercial projects. We are a values driven company that prioritizes sustainable and ethical construction. We use local and environmentally friendly materials as much as possible, and produce buildings that meet the highest energy performance standards. As a cooperative, we value all of our workers highly and provide a path to ownership of the company with equal participation in company governance and profit sharing.
This is a temporary position at a growing and successful worker-owned cooperative with the strong likelihood of becoming permanent. We are looking for Site Installers to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have 10 years of relevant experience. Position requires travel, mostly within 2-3 hours driving from Easthampton, MA. Per-diems and mileage reimbursements are provided.
Our products are custom made from architectural designs and drawings. We are looking for a highly-motivated candidate that is familiar with cabinetry and the millwork industry. You will have the opportunity to work in all aspects of the millwork process: In-shop fabrication, assembly, and installation. Overnight stays may be required if a project is beyond a normal day’s travel.
Strong work ethic, ability to work independently and with a team, and organization skills are a must.
All the details:
● Installation of casework, metal work, and architectural millwork with high precision on the job sites
● Work respectfully with and around other trades on busy job sites
● Coordinate as necessary with project managers, construction supervisor, and millwork crew
● Maintain a presentable and professional appearance while on the job
● Operate woodworking machines, including saws and milling and sanding machines
● Ensure that products meet industry standards and project specifications, adjusting as necessary
● Select the proper cutting, milling, boring, and sanding tools for completing a job
● Use hand tools to trim pieces or assemble products
● Follow all CDC, state, and local guidance for COVID-19 best practices.
- Experience building and installing millwork
- Ability to read shop drawings and architectural plans
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Reliable transportation to shop and/or job sites
- Experience working with general contractors, architects, and site supervisors.
- Knowledge of general construction site rules and procedures
● Experience designing millwork.
● Valid driver license and clean driving record
● Experience in 3D modeling.
● Frequent lifting from 5-40 lbs, unassisted
● Frequent lifting from 41 lbs , assisted
● Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling
● Full-time, starting at $26-$36/hr, depending on experience. Pay is subject to regular review and raises.
● Mileage reimbursement
● Per-diems and accommodations when appropriate
Additional Compensation if/when position becomes permanent
● Paid time off
● Ownership track for equal profit sharing within 2 years
● Professional development opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 – $36.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Millwork: 10 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road